1/

Seventies - Institutional

When the logo becomes an asset

In 1970 Ilio Negri pushed the graphic elaboration of the Pirelli logo further, summarizing it in a specular intertwined double P: the logotype was registered and used above all for corporate merchandising. Starting from the 1980s, the original 1907 logo began to be gradually codified with the publication of coordinated image and corporate identity manual – Salvatore Gregorietti and Unimark International in 1982, Pierluigi Cerri in 1997 – that set the dimensions, proportions and chromatic constraints for P, which had by then become one of the Group’s intangible assets.